UTROS in Philippines and Department of Environment and Natural Resources invite you to make a difference and clean Metro Manila’s only wetland and endangered bird sanctuary on October 19, 2019, Saturday at 7:00 AM – onwards. The cleanup day is open to all ages and genders.
🌱 To improve environmental sustainability through our environmental services and responsible behavior to prevent global warming and engage people to clean the trash and debris from beaches and waterways.
Las Pinas – Paranaque Critical Habitat and Ecotourism Area or LPPCHEA is a coastal urban wetland and bird sanctuary situated within the metropolis of Metro Manila, it is the sixth Wetland of International Importance in the Philippines. It is a nature reserve of mangroves, ponds, lagoons, mudflats, salt marshes, and mixed beach forest.
What to bring:
– Used flour or rice sacks and Eco bags (plastic bags are prohibited)
– Reusable or rubber gloves
– Reusable or disposable face mask
– Extra shirt, pants and footwear
– Personal hygiene items (wet wipes and alcohol)
– Water / snacks
WHAT TO WEAR
– Dry fit shirt or trail attire
– Pants or shorts
– Running shoes or Adventure sandals (not slippery) – cleanup area can be muddy, sandy and rocky.
– Cap, beach hat and bandanna
– Face towel or handkerchief
FREE PHOTO WALK/ECO TOUR/BIRD WATCHING:
You are invited to a free nature tour and bird-watching after the clean-up if the weather allows.
UTROS Coastal Cleanup Day Volunteer Form
NOTE: This activity may be rescheduled in the case of bad weather (typhoons).